The "Passeport talent" card

To get information on the renewable pluriannual card "Passeport talent", see / Étranger en France : carte de séjour pluriannuelle "passeport talent"

If you have a work project, the renewable card “Passeport Talent” can allow you to exercise the professional activity of your choice in connection with your project.

You may be granted this card if you are likely to make a significant or lasting contribution, through your skills or talents, to France’s economic development or to its intellectual, scientific, cultural, humanitarian or athletic prestige, and directly or indirectly, to that of your own country.

If you reside abroad, you may apply at the Embassy of France or at the French Consulate closest to your residence (click here for a list of French Consulates in the United States).
The decision to issue this card is up to the diplomatic or consular authorities.

Your family members (spouse and underage children) will be issued a “Vie Privée et Familiale” card. This card allows your spouse to work legally in France.

What are the criteria ?

See / Étranger en France : carte de séjour pluriannuelle "passeport talent"

- The applicant must submit a credible professional project meeting the criteria set forth by the French authorities.
- The applicant must supply proof that he/she is in every way capable of carrying out this project.
- The application will be accepted/rejected based on

· the project’s interest/quality
· the applicant’s motivation/commitment
· the applicant’s skills and qualifications
· the means to carry out the project.

Who might be eligible?

- University graduates
- Qualified professionals, regardless of their level of education
- Investors in an economic project
- Independent professionals such as artists, authors, athletes, etc.
- Senior manager and high level executives employed by a french company that is part of an international group

* Application package

a- 2 long-stay visa applications

PDF - 18.3 kb
Long stay visa application

b- 5 standard-size photos

PDF - 586.5 kb

c- Valid passport with at least one page for a visa stamp + copy of main pages

d- Police record from the country where the applicant has resided for the last three years

e- Detailed CV

f- Long-stay visa application fee

g- Detailed letter describing the professional project and specifying its interest for France and for the applicant’s country of origin

h- Any document confirming the applicant’s likelihood of completing the project

Depending on the type of project, other documents are necessary :

To hold a salaried position :

- copy of highest-level diploma and job title
- local tax return
- letter from the employer explaining the recruitment of the employee and specifying his/her duties ;
- copy of employment contract, unless exception is granted
- CERFA form, a foreign employee authorization request – simplified contract : see CERFA 15187*01

To exercise a commercial, industrial or artisanal profession

- the documents enumerated in points A-1 and B of article I of the attachment to the degree of September 12, 2007, concerning the documents to be produced for the issuance of a temporary residence card authorizing the exercise of a commercial, industrial or artisanal activity (download the list below).

Word - 55 kb

To exercise an independent profession (liberal professions, artists, writers, athletes, etc.)

- copy of highest-level diplomas and job titles
- local tax return
- if necessary, documents establishing the applicant’s reputation.

For the accompanying family (spouse and minor children)

- 2 long-stay visa applications (see above)
- 5 standard-size photos
- Valid passport with at least one page for a visa stamp + copy of main pages
- Civil registry documents establishing family connection with the “competences et talents” applicant.

REMINDER: It is mandatory to set up an appointment in order to get a visa.


Dernière modification : 28/11/2016

top of the page