Participate in "@nime ta francophonie" contest!
Through its selected theme, Faites-nous découvrir une autre communauté francophone dans les Amériques [Help us discover another francophone community in the Americas], the Centre de la francophonie des Amériques seeks to put students at all levels - primary, secondary, college and university - in touch with francophone cultures outside of their own region.
Did you know that today there are about 33 million Francophones and Francophiles living in the Americas? Across the continent, sometimes in isolated communities, the French heritage continues to resonate and we share a language that inspires us.
Participants will be given three minutes to win over the judging panel by showcasing the distinctive features, heritage, identity, accents, artists or craftspeople of their chosen community... Now that’s a creative challenge!
Each winning project will be awarded C$3,000, to be used for purchasing French-language teaching materials.
Who is eligible to participate?
- You must be a teacher or professor of a French course in an elementary school, middle school, high school, college, or university;
- You must be associated with an educationall institution, an FSL (French as a second language) program, an immersion school or a recognized organization (an organization that offers courses in French and can supply proof of its legal status) within the Americas;
- You must reside within the Americas;
- You must be a member of the Centre de la francophonie des Ameriques;
- You must submit your project in French (a three minute video, report or animated film) before 5 p.m. (Quebec time) on December 10, 2012.
The winners’ names will be announced in January 2013.
For more information about the contest, visit:
Published on Oct. 8, 2012.